About Me

My photo
I am an ordinary man with extraordinary God.One of my new year resolution is Love God Love people in many ways everyday.I want to share the Love from God gives to me.Hope this can bless you! The challenge ~ 365 ACTS OF KINDNESS FOR 2011 The purpose ~ To not just talk about love, but doing the love The goal ~ To live a life of love that will inspire others to experience the same LOVE John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 13, 14, 1thessalonians

Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 3

Day 15 01/15/11 Remodeling a House
At night, I went to a remodeled house. Some people appreciated what I did. Some people just thought that I was there for fun. At this point, I learned that people should respect one another. Even though they look poor, we still need to respect them. This event was just an example. Who knows that a kid actually asked many questions about the house or the kid might ask the parents to buy the house or the kid is President’s son. That is the same as us. Sometimes, we underestimate lower people, but they might have the same value as us. God wants us to love another and treat everyone the same. Love is a respect.


Day 16 01/16/11 Sick
At first, I was lazy and wanted to take a rest because I was not feeling well. But, I finally accompanied my friends to go somewhere. They asked me to go out because the next day was a holiday. We planned to go to the beach; unfortunately, it was closed. So, we went to U-district. The mall was also closed because it was already 6 pm. We just ate around there. After that, I went home and took a rest. Thank God that I could still hold it. Love is sacrificing for other people.



Day 17 01/17/11 Martin Luther King Day
I think today is the most fruitful day. At the morning, I helped cleaning or steaming the carpet at the Church. It took a long time for cleaning the whole Church. I left the Church in the middle of cleaning because I need to send my friends to Ikea. Then, we had shoreline PM at night. At last, my friend and I carried a heavy drawer into their house. I was tired physically but joyful spiritually. I am glad that I can bless people with God’s strength. Without Him, I might just go to sleep as I was not feeling well. Love is caring for the people in needs.



Day 18 01/18/11 Give a Bible
My plan today was resting because I did not fell well. However, I remembered that I want to give a Bible to my friend. He has passion to learn more about the word of God. So, I went to his house and gave the Bible. The Bible has explanation for each verse. Hopefully, with that Bible, he can grow more in God’s words. God bless him.  Love is giving a Bible.


Day 19 01/19/11 Praying and Sharing CG
We had a Care Group sharing and praying together with a few of the CG members. Some of them shared their problems. It was mainly about friendship. This kind of fellowship was the first time for my CG. We usually only have time for fellowship in CG on Friday. From now on, we set aside time outside CG time for fellowship. My friends started to share their problems, ask questions, and laugh together. I felt the warmth of a fellowship. Finally, we prayed together. Love is praying and sharing
Verses: Hosea 10:12, 1 Cor 3: 5-11, 2 Cor 4:7, Rev 3:19-20, and Phil 4:11-13


Day 20 01/20/11 Helping My Roommate
I helped my roommate to take a book to his company. I learned to I help him with a cheerful heart. Initially, I was lazy to send the book to my roommate because I wanted to sleep. However, love is helping people with joyful heart, not with a burden heart. So, I found a book and took it to his company in downtown. Love is helping your roommate.


Day 21 01/21/11 Thankful Day
Today, I learned how to be thankful. There are three instances. First, I got a parking ticket when I went to meet my boss at Greenlake. My boss was late, so, the meeting lasted for more than 2 hours. I learned how to be thankful; I thank God for this job. I really like this job. The boss is really kind. As long as I do my tasks, my boss is happy.
Second, it was raining lightly at that day. I was going to go to Northgate mall with my friend to pick up other friends for CG. I complained because of the weather and said, “I don’t like this rain shower that can make me sick.” However, my friend reminded me that “how if it’s a heavy rain or snow?” Human never satisfies. I got reminded that I should be thankful because it was not a heavy rain or snowing. That would be even worse.

Third, today’s CG was going to Harry Potter exhibition. I complained again because some people were late or cancelled to come to the exhibition. I was reminded again that I should thank God because we were still going to exhibition with many people. I thank God that, today, I learned how to be thankful in every situation. Love is having gratitude.
 Lastly, I got homemade Hainamese chicken rice and dark chocolate cookies from my friends that night. They gave me because of love. I was touched. Even though the cookies are bitter, I am still thankful to them. Love is having gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment